Mint - 1 Bunch (~20 leaves)
Basmati Rice - 2 Cups
Green Chillies - 2
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Bay leaf - 1
Fried Cashews (optional)
Red Onion - 1 sliced
Peas & Carrots - 1 Cup
Coconut - frozen or fresh or dried - 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cups
Water - 3 Cups
Oil - 4 Tbsp
Salt - As required
- Grind mint, chillies, coconut and make into paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
- Saute onions in that till they turn transparent.
- Add the mint paste, peas & carrots and fry till all the ingredients mix well. Add rice & saute for few more minutes.
- Now pour coconut milk & water into the pan and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and cook in Rice Cooker.
- When rice is done, just stir it once with fork and add fried cashews and close it with lid for about 2 mins.