Beerakaya / Ridge gourd - 2 med size
Onions - 1 med (optional)
Chana dal - 1/4th cup
Green chillies - 3
Red chilli powder - 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Wash and soak chana dal in warm water for 30 mins or just before starting the cooking process.
- Peel and wash beerakayalu and chop them into small pieces.
- In a hot pan, add oil and do the seasoning with mustard, zeera, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add soaked chana dal cover with lid. Cook for 10 mins under med flame.
- Now add chopped beerakaya pieces, salt, red chilli powder and cover with lid again. Let it cook for 10-15 mins or until done under med-hi flame.