This is a quick and easy recipe that can be done with fresh or left over rice. If you are travelling for the weekend, and want to have home food on the go, you can make this dish and take it with you.
Rice (uncooked) - 1 cup
Curd (curd + water)- little sour - 2 cups
Chana dal - 1 Tbsp
Urad dal - 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
zeera - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Green chillies - 4
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Gulla pappu podi / Dhalia powder - 1 Tbsp (optional)
Coriander leaves - very few
- If making with fresh rice then cook rice and take it into big bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, do the seasoning in a pan with mustard, zeera, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies, green chillies, ginger, hing, turmeric & curry leaves.
- Add curd and salt to the rice and mix it well.
- Now add the seasoning and mix it one more time.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip: If the prepared daddojanam is not thick (if curd is too thin), then put dhalia powder.