Budidha Gummadikaya Attu (White Pumpkin Dosa for Rice)
Budidha Gummadikaya Attu means a side dish made with White Pumpkin in the form of a thick dosa. This light and crunchy dosa makes a very good accompaniment with Sambhar rice or with steaming white rice mixed with ghee.
Here is the procedure from AnhraChef
- Place the cut pumpkin chunks in a muslin cloth and put heavy weight on to drain most of the water from them. Place the weight through overnight or for about 5 hrs.
- Grind the green chillies into paste.
- Mix all the above ingredients like Pumpkin, Moong floor, Rice floor, Chilli paste, Hing and Salt along with water and make into a hard dough. It should become like a ball if we do it as shown in the picture.
- On a medium hot pan, drizzle some oil and place a handful of dough. Spread it evenly like a dosa with hand.
- Drizzle some more oil and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook for 2 mins and turn it over. Let it roast without lid now. Both sides should turn into golden color and inside should be completely cooked.