Gongura Pachadi / Chutney
Gongura leaves – 1 big bunch
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
Dried Red chillies – 5
Tamarind – 1 small marble size
Onions – 1/2 cup
Oil – 4 Tbsp
Seasoning – Zeera, Mustard, Urad dal, Hing
- Clean gongura and keep it aside
- Take a pan and dry fry coriander, mustard, methi seeds & red chillies.
- Grind the dry fried mix to a powder and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook gongura and tamarind for about 5 min till the leaves turn soft.
- Now put the cooked gongura mix & salt in the grinder and grind it along with the coriander mix. You may grind it finely or coarsely.
- Do the seasoning with oil, zeera, mustard, urad dal, hing. Add the onions and saute. Add this to the chutney.
That’s it! Finger licking Gongura pacchadi / chutney is ready. Serve with white rice along with raw onion on side.
Goes well with plain rice, curd rice, or dosa.
Note: Since we use more oil, it can be kept outside for about 5 days – week.