Instant Tomato Pickle
This is an instant pickle made with very less chilli powder and can be used right away without any wait time unlike the typical Pickle which needs lot of chilli powder and marination time.
This suits people who doesn’t like to eat spicy pickles every day or for the people with acidity and who can’t take marinated pickles. This is excellent to use as side dish for curd rice or Dal rice or with any breakfast items daily without any guilty feeling of eating pickles. Also, this tastes like the dried tomato pickle made by our moms with great effort. Wow, then it is even good… isn’t it?
This recipe contains very less chilli powder. You can increase or decrease accordingly to your taste.
Tomatoes – 12
Red Chilli powder – 1-2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 Tbsp
Methi seeds – 1/6 Tbsp
Garlic – 10 pods
Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Chop Garlic into chunks if they are too big
- Heat the oil in a pan. Season with mustard, methi & garlic.
- When the garlic is little fried, add chilli powder and fry for few seconds.
- Add tomato pieces and salt.
- Let it cook under high flame for about 8-10 mins with the lid.
- Remove the lid and let it cook for another 15-20 mins, under med-hi flame, until all the water evaporates and the oil oozes out. Stir in between.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool down.
- Transfer into an air tight dry container.
- Refrigerate for more shelf time like about 1 month.
That’s it! Yummy, tasty, mouth watering and colorful pickle is ready to enjoy with idli, dosa, curd rice, dal rice etc.