Mint Aloo Bath
This specialty dish satiates the craving for a sumptuous full meal without all the effort. It is such a delicious and easy to cook rice dish that makes family get-together’s more enjoyable.
- Basmati Rice – 1 1/2 C
- Potatoes – 6
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- cardamom – 1
- Mint – 1/2 C chopped and tightly packed
- Green chillies – 6
- Red chilli – 1
- Zeera – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Oil – 5 Tbsp
- Cook rice in electric rice cooker with 1:2 water. Mean while, make the potato mix ready as below…
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite size chunks. Microwave these potato chunks in a covered bowl for 5 mins so that they are all cooked.
- Take a thick and wide bottomed saute pan and add oil. When it is hot enough, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, zeera, red chilli and saute for a minute.
- Then add green chillies and fry for another minute so that all the spice comes out of the chillies and they are all fried.
- Now add potatoes & tumeric. Fry on med-hi flame stirring frequently so that all the potatoes get evenly coated brown.
- Add mint leaves and salt enough for the whole dish. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Now the potato mix is ready. Add the rice and mix well, and simmer for 2 mins under low flame, covered with lid.
That’s it! Most flavorful Mint Aloo Bath is ready to serve.
If you like this recipe, please LIKE AndhraChef.com on Facebook.