Murmura Upma / Puffed Rice Upma
- Murmura (puffed rice) – 8 Cups
- Tomatoes – 4 medium size
- Green chillies – 3 large sliced
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Take a sauce pan, add oil. When it starts heating add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When mustard starts spluttering, add finely chopped tomatoes, some salt, turmeric powder and little bit water. Cover with lid and cook until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Mean while take puffed rice into a large bowl and pour water into that, then drain it immediately when all puffed rice got wet.
- Now add wet puffed rice into the sauce pan .
- Now add chilli powder and enough salt .
- Mix all of them gently but thoroughly so that all spices are incorporated well.
- That’s it! Yummy and mouth watering murmura upma is ready!!