Pudina Pulav / Mint Rice
Mint – 1 Bunch (~20 leaves)
Basmati Rice – 2 Cups
Green Chillies – 2
Cardamom – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Bay leaf – 1
Fried Cashews (optional)
Red Onion – 1 sliced
Peas & Carrots – 1 Cup
Coconut – frozen or fresh or dried – 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk – 1 cups
Water – 3 Cups
Oil – 4 Tbsp
Salt – As required
- Grind mint, chillies, coconut and make into paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
- Saute onions in that till they turn transparent.
- Add the mint paste, peas & carrots and fry till all the ingredients mix well. Add rice & saute for few more minutes.
- Now pour coconut milk & water into the pan and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and cook in Rice Cooker.
- When rice is done, just stir it once with fork and add fried cashews and close it with lid for about 2 mins.
Delicious Mint rice is ready..! U can serve with Raitha, plain boiled eggs or Andhra Egg curry.